We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chivalric Sonnet

Rhyme scheme – xaxa xbxb xcxc dd
Invented by  Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines
Standard sonnet convetions

Example Poem:

Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers  (Chivalric Sonnet)

Should you be moved to speak in anger, dear,
I ask that first you test your words alone.
You'll want to moderate the emotion
if anger stems from blunder of my own.
I'll be a thoughtful listener when calm.
There's nothing risked delaying words that grate.
Perhaps, the words should simply disappear
for now, until your anger can abate.
If I have blundered, I will be contrite.
So hold those words for later; don't despair
A resolution we will find that works.
I'll listen to your words- you know I'm fair.
My love, use whispers closely late tonight.
I love you dearly; I will make it right.


Visual Template:


No comments:

Post a Comment