We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Flying Bird Sonnet


Flying Bird Sonnet – aaaa bbccbb aaaa

Found only the rhyme pattern,no other specifications so am assuming
Iambic Pentameter template below.

Volta at line 11



Example Poem:



The Bird Feeder (Flying Bird Sonnet)

Assorted little song birds came to eat 
near my own vision-shielded inside seat. 
I have a window feeder where they meet 
to peck and forage gaily while they tweet. 

I fill the feeder every other day, 
they reward me with melody and play. 
I am uplifted, by their vivid hues 
their community and the songs they choose. 
From time to time a hawk will disrupt things, 
and strike and kill some tiny bird that sings.
For days after, the little birds retreat. 
I know that natures cycle musts complete; 
there's majesty in cycles that repeat, 
but for those days I do not think it sweet.

© Larry Eberhart, aka Lawrencealot, Oct 12, 2012


Visual Template:


No comments:

Post a Comment