We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tory Hexatet Sonnet


This is a sonnet form created byVictoria Sutton aka PassionsPromise
and name by Larry Eberhart, aka Lawrencealot

Octet + couplet + quatrain
ababcdcd ee ffgg 
first eight lines, 12 syllables,
couplet- eight syllables-
last four lines, 12 syllables
14 lines total, rhyme scheme and syllable count showed above.
the couplet, being the "changing point" -makes a direct statement and
could be read by itself-
ex.  when the mind becomes a tight rope
       heartfelt dreams fall from lack of hope.
Turning point is optional.


Example poems:


Just Makin' Hay

Three guys wouldn't touch me until I turned eight-teen.
Although my virgin license long ago expired.
The young bucks were delighted with a teeny queen.
The mature men I seek deem legal age required.
Yesterday, I told the young pups to all get lost.
They can find another or handle it by hand.
I'm only doing men now who can bear the cost.
With my young age and figure, much I can command.
     
         "Do while time bides your very whim.
           Shine.  Don't put your life-lights on dim."

I figure five years dishing sex and lust and praise.
will adequately prepare me for courting days.
I'll write, and go to school and date without tensions
that I'm confronting as youth with my dimensions.


This is a Parody of Just Another Day
                by PassionsPromise

I have copied the poem below for you convenience

Just Another Day

Thanks to those who remembered June 16, the day
I was born in Ft. Hood Texas, for all to see.
This life, one hell of a journey, burning away
all that was held close to the heart and soul of me.
Yesterday, I watched the day roll by, many tears
shed as faces without distinction waved their hand.
There were no birthday candles, no white cake, just fears
who is who and what is what, a heavy demand
        "when the mind becomes a tight rope
        heartfelt dreams fall from lack of hope..."
Just wishing the stars carried more power and praise
to strengthen this worn woman through demanding days.
Yet, one more year has come and gone, you remembered
the love of Tory before life had her dismembered.



ababcdcdeeffgg

Visual Template



No comments:

Post a Comment